Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Maybe I'd Prefer the Chicken Feet

AHHH!!! Work is insane. Shit storm doesn't begin to explain...

I have a break to nurse my currently not agonizingly painful but soon to be agonizingly painful UTI. I've consumed 800 calories in the form of cranberry juice today. Eww. That can't be good. The damn doctor is making me go in tomorrow. Damn her and her staff!

Back to the work thing. I am glad it's insane. I am glad I'm under the gun. In a very basic way it makes me feel important. I'm also learning a lot. It's as if someone blindfolded me and dropped me off in Shanghai and said "find your own way home." I'd pick up Mandarin or Cantonese or whatever the dialect is in Shanghai real quick (or learn to eat chicken feet or other "delicacies.") I wouldn't mind if it was always 90% of this level of intensity. I could learn how to get used to is and I think it would mature me very much as an executive type--meaning I'd learn how to deal with the "big boys." Actually, I should say the sport shirt wearing golf playing bloated white guys, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, like I said work is INSANE. So, I suppose I should put down the string cheese and read some e-mails.

No comments: