Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A Blah Blah Blah and A Blah Blah Blah Some More

The adjusting continues. The cats seem to have relaxed and F0rt was just so angling to sleep on the bed at 5AM. He was motoring that purrer up and was just relentless. It breaks my heart to deny a purring cuddly kitty his early morning warm-up cuddles but for the sake of a non-disgustingly hairy bed I must. I got up and fed him and laid on the living room floor until I could no longer hear his motor humming and felt safe he was no longer in the mood for bedtime cuddles and then I returned for one more hour of slumber. Don't worry, I squeezed him and cuddled him like mad when I woke up this morning. He's hardly deprived of affection!

I'm adjusting to my shadow following me and reminding me of all the little things I must do to maintain the integrity of the house. "Turn the fan on when you take a shower." "Make sure there's no water in the iron before laying it on its side." I have to say I've struggled a bit to not be a little irritated by it but it's actually kind of cute that mrp is like that. I haven't noticed any particular instance of this, but I am sure he goes around checking things after I'm done to make sure I did what I'm supposed to and didn't do what I'm not supposed to. He must be very stealthy about this and really I recognize that this stealth is out of respect for me. If there's one thing I can say with certainty is that he tries so hard and I know he so desperately wants to do the right thing and take care of us and I certainly, without a shadow of a doubt feel taken care of.

Mrp's adjusting to have to deal with me in the context of the everydayness of each day. When you're just dating you really only deal with each other in defined relationship time chunks--you know, dates and the like. The time is devoted to the relationship. But when you're living together you spend all the time in the same vicinity. Anyone must adjust to this whether they've lived with someone in the past or not but I suspect it's particularly hard the first time you embark on this kind of thing to get used to seeing this person next to you every morning when you wake up, etc. You can't hide all your bad habits for those non-relationship times of your day and you have to cope with that other's bad habits. Luckily, we're pretty forthcoming about our bad habits and at least I think we're very forgiving of each other's bad habits--so far that seems to be a nonissue.

And man do I feel like a slob! I am getting SO flipping antsy to run this marathon. Can't it be tomorrow? Well, maybe tomorrow is too soon--how about two days after tomorrow? That would be good--until the day after tomorrow and then it would be too soon! Heh. I'm just antsy is all.

Work is boring. Just boring. Fun stuff keeps getting pushed back. Blah. Oh well. At least I don't have to run all over the place and can continue my taper lard assery while at work.

You know what? I feel pretty damn good!

1 comment:

Quinto Sol said...

Hmmm... I think your Mr. P, or is it MRP? was raised that way; it's ingrained in him.

BTW, why not reveal his name? Doesn't he read this blog? How come you guys don't run together? Sorry for all the questions... just curious i guess.