Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Doing a Lot of Stuff and Leaving the Worries Behind

Ok. I've decided I'm not injured. I am recovering. I am giving myself all of November to recover. I am not going to plan anything really. I am just going to run as I feel like it. I am even going to throw in ellipticalling as cross-training from time to time when I'd like to run but want to spare my legs the trauma. I did it today and it really wasn't that bad. I almost kind of enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong--it's not the same as running. It will lose it's charm fast, I assure you. There is no newness to it. It's pretty much the same thing every time except for the tunes that happen to be playing on the ipod. And you can't do it outside. And, well, running is just way more fun. That being said, I signed up for a 5 mile cross country race on Sunday. I know.

In other news things are quieting down in the orchard. My cats have found religion and have been pretty much behaving. They have definitely adjusted to their new nighttime basement routine. They go down about 10 and I give them treats and play with them for a few minutes. Then lights out and I go upstairs. After my shower in the morning I go downstairs and feed them and then let them come upstairs as they want for the day. I make sure to give them attention when I can. Oh and the tinfoil wrapped around the chairs seems to be doing splendedly to keep their dirty little claws off the upholstery.

But with this behavior comes calm throughout the OHOOD. Seriously. I had such a peaceful evening last night and I even slept straight through the night for the first time in months. I felt so calm and mrp even looked cuter to me than normal. I could just eat him up. I need to relax more often. It feels good.

Yeah. I think after a brief period of clearing the air about built-up emotional residue from the summer at my parents, hard training, returning to my job, adjusting to couplehood with mrp, etc., I think it's time to relax a bit. Not get lazy. Oh no. But to be busy and relaxed. That would be a nice balance to achieve. I think this is my big goal for November.

No comments: