Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Left Foot Right Foot Left Foot Right Foot...

This morning I was so nervous about the marathon. I don't know why. I was reading the final race instructions and I noticed the paper shaking as I read about the course entertainment. And no, I wasn't worried about whether there would be a bad or really bad local band entertaining me at mile 21. I don't really know what I was nervous about. Well, I'm a little nervous that my pleurisy flaired back up a little bit. But that's more a what the ... and less of an issue for the marathon since it's really never bothered me all that much running. Anyway, mrp and I discussed it a little bit and we concluded it's just general feelings of anticipation--not necessarily bad worried stuff or even good like I can't wait to do this stuff. Just anticipation of the unknown and of something I have been working towards for a long time. No big deal. I'm ready as I can be and all I have to do is put the left foot in front of the right foot, then the right foot in front of the left foot and repeat. After our brief pow-wow on the topic I hung up the phone and headed out for my lunch hour. I put on my running shoes and headed up to the local track and put in my last track workout. I have to say I crushed that workout and felt fabulous doing it. I ran faster and easier than I have run any track workout since high school. Seriously. Cake. Fast cake. I jogged back smiling and ready to race on Sunday!

But then I came back to work and found out we lost our case in the bland Midwestern state. Damn that sucks. But in some ways that rules! Now I get to go to court! Woohoo! I hate losing, but a win at the bland Midwestern state Supreme Court would be so better than a win at the Department of Revenue level. So, this time I'm going back to the bland Midwestern state to win baby!

All good things are in threes because three imposes some sort of sense of completeness on people. It's some weird numerology/Ancient Greek concept or something. Maybe it's Chinese, I don't know. The point is, I feel like I need to talk about something else now or the blong shui will be all off. Anyway, mrp and I walked by the orchard last night and then found ATV trails along the river and smelled the fallen apples and the fallen leaves and just enjoyed the beautiful fall evening. It was so relaxing and refreshing and it made me happy. The end for now.

No comments: