Wednesday, December 13, 2006

There's Nothing Wrong With Wanting More

My damn calf is acting up again. Thank goodness I have an appointment with the sports doctor tonight. I need to get this thing under control or just understand what the problem is so I can figure out how to manage it. It's more annoying than downright painful. I just want it to go away and let me be free to run like the wind!

In other news I feel the need to find more running friends. My running friend *T* is nice but he isn't training for anything and he isn't challenging me to be better. Instead I feel like he's just a warm body to make running at the park less scary in that maybe the serial killer will find me less appealing when I'm running with a dude. He is very nice and I like hearing about his fat girlfriend in the roller derby and imparting my old lady wisdom on him. I just want someone to impart wisdom on me for a change. This is one of the reason I love mrp so much. He is always teaching me new stuff and I trust his advice immensely. But this is not (another) post on how much I love mrp. No, I just need to branch out and find some more running pals. Once I get this calf situation under control I'm going to try some new groups.

This weekend I also came to the realization that I am sick of being a coaster at work. I hate it. I want to do a good job and be proud of myself and maybe accomplish something beyond bringing home a paycheck. I can still do a great job at work while doing other stuff like loving up some mrp and training hard. Those things won't die if I stop thinking about them for several hours a day. In fact, those things might even be more enjoyable if I create a new branch of happy and satisfied here at the office. Yes, the irony is that I am typing this post at work. I know. I know. I'm getting back to the memo.

No comments: