Thursday, February 22, 2007

Feelin' Grateful

I'm headed down to N'awlins this weekend to see my sister. I am getting excited. I love it there. I decided to run the Mardi Gras Half-marathon while I'm down there. Unfortunately, that comes smack dab in the middle of my trip so I won't be able to eat copious amounts of muffaletta and drink copious amounts of rum punch until about 8:30 AM on Sunday. Something else that is unfortunate is that right now I have a mild, yet icky, chest cold. I ran 4.5 miles in slower than 9min/mi pace and it seemed hard. While running I only coughed a little. But when I stopped I hacked up half a lung. I doubt anyone will be using that treadmill for a while. Ew. I don't know how this is going to impact my race. I'm not going to sweat it. I'm going to take it easy, drink lots of fluids and gets lots of sleep and hope for the best. What else can I do?

Oh yeah. You're probably wondering about last weekend. "What the heck was so great about it, Laura?" Well, mrp and I had a nice snuggly Friday and then went to our race on Saturday morning. We had fun warming up in the snow together and we both had fun while I peed in the parking lot of a very bad software vendor (hopefully not everyone saw my bare bottom!) After the race, we headed down to the grow light store. What? Following a snowy 5k with a trip to the grow light store isn't a completely normal couple's activity where you live? Shockingly the growlight store had grateful dead music playing and lots of fertlizers in psychedelic packaging and a trippy grow light sales guy who it turns out went to my high school. The dude was nice and we caught up on some high school gossip but dude talked way too fast. Mrp did get a grow light catalog out of the deal and now he won't come out of the bathroom. Sorry mrp! Bad joke. Anyway, after we left the grow light store we stopped off for a huge breakfast of chorizo omelletes, huevos rancheros, and waffles at the best cheap restaurant in all the land. Then we hopped down the street and over to the Westside Market. It's a European style fresh food market with lots of cheap fresh produce and other yummy stuff. We scampered over to the building section to check out the sausage (I know, for being a vegetarian for many years I have a bizarre love of sausage). We picked up a couple pounds of fresh andouille for jambalaya and then a bunch of fruits and veggies. We both got a kick out of me dictating what we wanted to the vendor and then to mrp how much coin to hand over. It was a great Saturday and I can't think of a time when life's felt more satisfying than it has lately.

No comments: