Wednesday, February 07, 2007

No Mrp Tonight But I'm Alright

I had it and ran outside today. It was sunny so I'll focus on that part of the run. I needed it after last night's treadmill flourescent lighted torture session. Nah. It wasn't that bad. It actually wasn't bad at all. I just did an easy two miles followed by 4 x 1.5 miles at 6:5x pace with .5 mile recoveries. The cool down jog was the hardest part. I started getting antsy and it was a chore to get in two easy miles. But I did it and I'm that much closer to getting through winter training. The best part is that Little House on the Prairie comes on the tv at 6:00 so I always get to finish up my workouts while laughing at Laura making Nellie Olson look like the bitch she really is!

Tonight I have to go home all by myself since mrp is Mr. Social and has a Cavs game date. I am kind of digging the change of pace. This morning I putzed around since I didn't have to rush for mrp's sake. Tonight I can take my time get home, throw some lame meal together in the microwave not worried if it's something I am proud to serve mrp. Then I can eat cookies in my pajamas and watch the sopranos. Oh, wait. I do that every weeknight. I have no shame. Heh. I will definitely miss mrp but sometimes it's nice to have a little time to myself knowing mrp is fully taken care of. It's especially nice when I know mrp is doing something very important like networking and advancing himself in his career. That makes me happy (and proud).

In other news I have awesome stuff going on at work. I have to litigate something in the bland midwestern state court mainly by myself and, get this--I get to write an amicus brief to the Supreme Court of the US all by myself!! I am so excited!! Besides that we have three other constitutional issues to litigate in the pipeline. I am stoked! This is why I work here. And that is why I need to end this post!

No comments: