Thursday, March 22, 2007

9666

Guess what my number for Boston is. Is this a sign? Should I be worried? Will lightning strike me as I run? Or is it kind of cool? For some reason I get numbers for races with a double at the end--1288 for example or 1433. I like that. In one race recently I got 123. That was cool too. But 9666? There has to be someone with 6666 so I suppose that's worse right? Maybe I should find out who it is and ask if he or she would like to start a support group for people sacked with scary numbers. The spectators are going to shout "Go Devil Girl!" as I run by. Every time I feel crappy in the race I'll chalk it up to Satan having his way with me. Maybe I shouldn't have been too smart for religion and made my confirmation afterall.

I know I'm being ridiculous, but it's funny what power a little thing like a race number has. Anyway, I think I am going to replace all negative thoughts about my number with thoughts of orange julius.

2 comments:

Jim said...

As a lark, you should run with the number upside down. Now THAT would be wonky!

GP said...

There has to be a 666 in the race somewhere. You should really join all runners with 666 and run in a pack. I guarantee you make the news.

And at least one paper would put you on the front page... with some sort of doomsday prediction. Or, you know, you could just run your race ;-)