Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fast Backward

Mercury is in retrograde and it's the retrogradiest retrograde that ever retrograded. All kinds of misfires and miscommunications have been happening since Valentine's day. My trip was all weird and my race plans went awry and then I tried to find cute shoes and found nothing in the entire swank mall! On top of that I went to the running shoe store and they had every size except 9AA in the only shoes I can stand and then mrp went to buy his work shoes and they had every size except his 12.5 EEE or whatever it is he needs for his boats. Now, the worst thing is that I lost a check. It's a check from Mr. Important and I sure as hell don't want to go groveling to him for a new one because that, I'm sure, would provide him license to reassert his importance in this world and I frankly would rather gouge my own eyes out with a pencil than do that. So, luckily tonight's trash night so it's still got to be on our property somewhere! Unluckily, that probably means revisiting the weekend's garbage. Yum!

In other news, I still don't know if I'm running that race this weekend. I am also way in the tar pit of this amicus brief. Oh god, I have so much left to do on it so I better go and write like I've never written before. But, all that writing will probably be for nothing since Mercury doesn't get it's act together until Friday so sometime between now and then my computer will blow up taking my brief down with it. All I can do is pretend like I am ignorant to the universe and get to work just in case, on the off chance all that astrology stuff isn't for real.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Hi Salty One. I really like your blog (I got the link from IronG's blog) and I'd be especially interested to see you create(as you suggested as a possibility) a separate blog about your training and running. Running 6:30 miles is imressive and I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU DO IT! Tee Hee.

I'm actually on a year-long training program to return to cross country ski racing in 2008 and am blogging as well.(nordicdreams.blogspot.com)

I like sharing what I learn about training and my body, and I'm sure you would have a lot of helpful info that would stand on it's own in a training blog. Let me know if/when you create Salt One's Blog: The Sequel.

Cheers, Jim