Thursday, April 26, 2007

On the Road Again

Greetings from not-sunny Chicago! I am here for work. I've been swamped all week--hence, the failure to blog. On the running front there's not a whole lot to report. I started running again on Sunday and have run 4 miles easy everyday since. Last night I ran along Lake Michigan up along the Gold Coast in a misty cold rain and heavy wind--hmmm sounds familiar. I did convince the people I'm here with to go to the Frontera Grill for dinner. Yum! And kind of cool since Rick Bayless was hanging around our table. I even convinced one of the consultants to order the suckling pig taco special. I love real Mexican food and Mexican inspired food alike. Someday I'll make my margarita black beans for you--delicious if I do say so myself! Anyway, I had the pozole. It was great. Although, I have to admit it was not enough and I came back to my hotel room still hungry and I actually had a dream about brownies while I slept! Heh! Which reminds me, I need to go get an overpriced breakfast.

6 comments:

Papa Louie said...

Enjoy your stay in Chicago. Easy running and great tasting food is a nice plan.

Chelle said...

Mmmm...good food. I miss the Frontera Grill. And is the cheaper version of it still there? I think it was called Topolobampo or something like that.

We've been warned that Cuban food in Cuba is actually pretty bad. They just don't have access to good ingredients. So we're going to have a really good Cuban meal in Miami tomorrow before we go!

Joe said...

I've never tried pozole before but, after looking at the recipe, I want to try it.

Jim said...

I've never had a black bean margarita before but after loooking at the recipe....I think I'll pass... :)

GP said...

Have fun in Chicago (work or no work)! It's a good running city, and talk about a place that takes advantage of its public lakefront. Wouldn't it be great if Cleveland could make the lakefront so accessible?

Thank you for the GU guidance. The first thing I thought after taking the stuff was that it would be perfect if they included a shot of water or Gatorade at the end. I'm glad my thinking was on the right track and that I'm not a non-appreciator of the GU.

I was running down the main street through Kent when I took my first swallow of the stuff, and just as I was grimacing, two people I work with drove past. When I returned to the office, they both said, "I saw you running, but you looked really unhappy." But I guess it was better that way than tomorrow (with my luck, it would happen in the race right in front of those camera guys and my family would have the photo framed and mounted for as long as I live).

Be well and eat well too!

DaisyDuc said...

Too funny, I might have passed you Sunday as I was out in Chicago for 1/2 business and 1/2 pleasure! I was running the lakeshore about 5 or 6 ish and it was windy. It was very nice though to hit the turnaround and have it push me back!