Sunday, May 20, 2007

Nice Surprises

I am tired and need to go to bed soon. I wore myself out running a nice fat 1:28:38 half marathon this morning! Woohoo! I am so pleased with the race this morning. It couldn't have gone easier, except it would have been nice if mile 7 or 8 had a water stop considering I took a gu at the mile 7 mile marker. I had to cross my fingers for almost 2 miles that my stomach wouldn't rebel with the gu rock sitting in it with no water to wash it down! Luckily, I didn't sweat it or really anything else during the race and it paid off with a really satisfying performance. Hopefully, I'll have time to write more about it tomorrow.

In other news, I had a wonderful birthday. After going to the bar at the Ritz, mrp surprised me and took me out to a fancy shmancy sushi restaurant. I love love love sushi, but it's never enough food for mrp so we never get it. We ate tons (and drank a bit--I had these wonderful kumquat/lime drinks--mmmmm). Mrp was so thoughtful. Sigh. Oh, and my mother got me a kitchenaide mixer for my cookie baking! Definitely a great 32!

Ok. Time to get to bed!

9 comments:

AddictedToEndorphins said...

That sounds like a fantabulous race!! Was that a PR?? Congratulations :o)

Quinto Sol said...

1:28 in a half-mary! NIIICE!

Jim said...

Spectacular race Salty! Can't wait to read more about it. Guess your coach knows what he's doping.

Jim said...

...Ooops, that was a typo. Should be ..."knows what he's doing."

DaisyDuc said...

Fantastic half time!!!

Yeah I saw ya out there by the stadium, but was too tired to manage much more than a late wave once I realized who ya were!

Papa Louie said...

Congratulations on running a nice half.

Angie said...

1:28???

I bow at your feet, Salty!

Robert said...

Happy belated 1:28 Half Birthday!

Chelle said...

Great job...maybe the upside of not running the marathon you wanted in Boston is that you've really bounced back in double time. Kudos!