Thursday, May 24, 2007

One Star Day

Well. Bad news. I was running my evening run on my tight calf and tripped on a rock. OUCH! I pulled it something nice. It hurt very bad and I said some very bad words and said screw it and decided to limp the mile back to my car. At first I stayed on the trails so fewer people would see me, but then it hurt too much and I cut through to the road since it would be quicker. Of course as I hobbled down the road and muttered profanities under my breath I ran into my old high school cross country teammate's dad. It was actually nice to see him because he follows the local race results and is always excited about whatever recent race I've run. As I was standing there talking to him a roller blader went by and wiped out. Guess it's just one of those one star days.

Anyway, I'm not yet sure yet how long I'll be on the DL. I'm not running tomorrow. It might be fine, but there's no reason not to give it at least a day off right now. It might be annoying but this kind of annoying stuff just comes with the territory. Luckily, I have mrp to cry to about it and he can tell me funny stories of his breakdowns to make me feel better.

It really is kind of weird. I was just commenting on several others' blogs about overdoing it after races, injuries, and the like. I'm going to start writing comments about sub-three hour marathons and winning the lottery from now on.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Yes, I totally agree. We all need to be injury free and rich. In that order. (proof that I'm a real runner!)

DaisyDuc said...

Dang, just not a good day in the neighborhood I suppose. Speedy recovery!