Monday, June 04, 2007

32yearoldrunnerladynapped

Wow. I have too much going on right now. Last week was Atlanta. You know about that. But, you didn't know that I was kidnapped and thrown into the back of a cheesy 20 person limo/bus thing and forced to stay out from 5:30 to 3(am!) on Saturday night dancing in 3 inch heels and drinky fruity rum drinks at a bachelorette party. If it says anything about my thoughts of bachelorette parties is the fact that this was the FIRST one I have EVER been to! Seriously. I'm 32! Almost none of my friends are really into that kind of thing and I certainly am not. However, this friend is and that's cool. I was happy to be there.

However, I was not happy to wake up on Sunday and have to run 14 miles in 80 degree heat and 70% humidity! YUCK! Let's just say that sucked. I did it though. Moving along, this week I have to go to the bland midwestern state capital. We lost at the Department of Revenue level, so now this time I'll have to give an oral argument in court! I know. Can you believe it? Me?! I'm excited though. This is my case and I'm ready to win, baby! So that's Wednesday and Thursday. On Saturday I am flying to Chicago for one night to hang out with my best friend. She lives in San Francisco, so we don't often have a chance to hang for a day like normal friends. We talk on the phone a lot, but it's not the same. Since she'll be there for a week I figure I better take the opportunity to see her. I'll have to do my long run along the shores of Lake Michigan--rats! But then that's it. After that I'm hunkering down in my jammies and watching netflix with mrp for a few weeks. Well, I might take a break to run a 5k and a 10k.

PS My tempo run last Friday was so hard! It was 85 degrees and 60% humidity. I am so not used to that. I sweated more than I think I sweated all winter! I hit my targets though (surprisingly--I thought for sure I'd die off the last couple of miles if I finished at all!) I can't complain. On to another week.

7 comments:

Joe said...

You lead a more exciting life than me. Sigh. :-)

Quinto Sol said...

Good luck on your case. May the Salty One kick some major arse :-)

DaisyDuc said...

Wow, you have been crazy busy!!!

I think that is the sort of kidnapping I can actually get behind!

Jim said...

Out until 3 a.m. boozing and boogeying and STILL ran 14 miles the next day! Impressive. You're making 32 the new 19.

Papa Louie said...

I hope your argument in court goes well for you, like the way you beat the difficult elements on your runs.

Robert said...

I got tired just reading this post. :-/

Joe said...

I think you really have been ladynapped. We haven't seen hide nor hair of you in Blogland this week. Is mrp monopolizing all of your spare time? Shame on him! :-)