Monday, June 25, 2007

Star Jones Ain't Got Nothing on Me!

I have a confession, dear readers. I can't keep it a secret anymore. Mrp and I are busy planning a wedding. Can you believe it? Mrp hasn't even proposed, yet here I am freaking out about planning a wedding reception to be held in just 4 months! How is that? Well, my long time readers know mrp marches to the beat of his own drum. I adore this about him and I wouldn't change him for the world. But he does things in his own time. The perfect moment to propose has not occurred, but he knows he's ready to marry me in a few months. Really, it just takes him a lot longer to plunk down loads of cash than to make a lifetime commitment to the one he loves. He's a smart shopper and he needs to make sure he gets the right ring. He has the right girl, we all know that! Heh.

This is another reason why I have been BUSY (with a capital B, U, S, and Y!) It takes a lot of mental effort to plan the best wedding you can for as little money as you can. I hate that all these places want to know what my budget it. My budget is for us to get what we want and pay as little for it as possible! We want an inexpensive, but not cheap wedding, you know.

I want a wonderful fabulous celebration of all things mrp and salty. Of course! But, it's not my pretty pretty perfect princess day where I'm willing to drop loads of cash to get what ever I want on MY DAY. (I use the phrase "my day" as if accompanied by a breath of fire and and surrounded by skyscrapers in Tokyo.) I don't want to be the center of attention. I want our happiness to be the center of attention. I want mrp and I to share it with all the others that we love. I want to kick off many decades of wedded bliss in fine form. I want to boogy all night with my mrp and my aunties and my sisters and mrp's niece and nephew and just kick back with mrp and basque in the wonderfulness of it all. The details are not so important. I want to feed my guests something nice but I really don't care if we impress them with our impeccable taste, since we don't even have impeccable taste! Anyway, I guess beyond my cheapness I'm getting to my other point--We're not working hard to plan one day--we're planning the beginning of our life! Yeah!

Can you tell I'm excited?

2 comments:

Quinto Sol said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!

May the two of you live a life full of joy and happiness, and be joined by a couple of speedy salty-mrps...

GP said...

Wowzaas! Many congratulations to both of you!

While I only know you through blogoworld, you seem to be one classy gal (you never tell us how you've tackled or clawed at other chicks just to get ahead — in road races or in life) and I have no doubt that good taste translates will into one awesome reception. Happy planning!