Wednesday, September 05, 2007

How Many Daily Servings of Vitamin C are in a Can of Fancy Feast?

I am at that point in training where running has more or less sucked every possible ounce of energy out of me and made me one of those zombies dancing in the video for Thriller. Running is going well, but my performance at work is mediocre at best. My ability to remember simple things like picking up cat food on the way home is pretty much shot and my cats are surely hatching their plan for mutiny as I type (although I remembered just now, so there's hope for me yet!). I don't answer the phone when my friends call because every minute I talk is one less minute of sleep. I can't remember where I left off with wedding planning. A simple thing like calling the dry cleaner to see when they're going to reopen and give me my clothes back just sounds exhausting. I lose count of how many servings of fruits and vegetables I have eaten in any given day and am now worried I will develop scurvy. For all the things I used to be on top of, I now feel like I am buried alive under them. I feel useless.

So, I think what this means is that it would be nice to go to bed early tonight--after I pick-up the cat food and eat my veggies, of course.

3 comments:

GP said...

I can't say I'm happy to hear you're dragging, but it makes me feel less sorry for myself that I feel like I've been hit by a mack truck, stomped on by the truck's driver, spit on and then clawed to pieces by your mutinying cats.

And I probably run 1/3 of your schedule.

My training plan calls for a bit of a "taper" the week before the Akron Half. Is it wrong that I'm craving that week more than a Hawaiian vacation right now? More than cupcakes. Well, maybe not that much...

Rest up. It will all be worth it.

E-Speed said...

you didn't look tired at all at the park. hope the kitties are patient with you :) Mine are so demanding!

Tall Girl Running said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Misery loves company, after all!