Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Relatively Speaking

The period after a marathon is very strange. My legs are heavy most days I'm out there and 4 miles seems kind of long. My legs feel and have felt since the marathon relatively spectacular (focus on relatively) for having, well, just run a marathon. That's by no means to say they feel good, though. I have a particular tightness in my left hip and beyond that stuff all over the place just randomly gets sore or tight. It's kind of like taper when your legs first feel crappy before they feel better--although during my taper I never felt that crappy so they never felt all that better, but I digress. The point is, I'm not too worried about it because I think more than anything my legs are healing after all the miles I racked up this summer and this in turn causes tightness and soreness from time to time. No biggee.

My plan is to run comfortably this week. Since I have a wedding in 11 days, that means daily even if it's just a few miles to keep me relatively stress-free (again with the relatively). I even get to run 10 miles this weekend. Woohoo! Think of all that stress I'm gonna melt away in an hour and twenty minutes! Next week I get the club nationals training schedule. I'm guessing that means I'll probably get to do some sort of fartlek next week to reintroduce some speed (eh, might as well throw in a relative here too). Speaking of club nationals, today on my 5 mile tour of downtown Cleveland I ran on some grass near the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because I'm a huge dork (no, no relativly belongs here, but I didn't need to tell you that, now did I?).

If you can't tell, I'm trying really hard not to talk about my feelings anymore. Fine I'll quit it. I do feel better. I think it has more to do with the fact that my brain is 95% occupied by wedding planning and now only has a tiny bit of space for brooding. And I might just be getting over it. Yeah, I think that's it.

2 comments:

Joseph P. Wood said...

You're letting a wedding pre-occupy your time. Girl, where are your priorities???

Seriously, do you like "The Rainbows"? Very Bends/OK Computer more than Kid A/Insomniac. That said, I've listened it over and over and just can't get enough. Best album in quite some time.

The Salty One said...

I still haven't heard it. I tried to download it at work and it didn't work. I'll have to do it at home one of these days...

Yeah. It's nice to have running as a compliment to life rather than the whole shebang for a change!