Tuesday, December 04, 2007

One Shoe and a Gatorade Toast

Look to your right. Yeah, I switched up the sidebar. Figured my Boston Marathon stuff was hardly that interesting anymore. Plus, most people want to see numbers to decide how serious to take this stuff I write. heh. But while I was jotting down my pr's I thought of something that I've been wondering about for some time. If I was a dude, what would my times be? Would I be decent? Why do I care? Not sure, but I was wondering so I figured I'd wonder out loud for the heck of it.

In other news I thought I better fess up. Last post I swore mrp and I aren't big dorks. Well, I kind of lied. Running plays a big part in our lives in that our families identify us with it and make fun of us for it. So, we thought we'd incorporate a little bit of our running lives to add a little fun to the wedding. The first thing we wanted to do was to have a bunch of our dead running shoes tied to the back of our get-away car in lieu of the tin cans. Our parents' get on our case mercilessly: "what are you going to do with all those shoes?!" So, we thought they'd get a huge kick out of it. The problem was that my bridesmaids had so many day-of responsibilities that they passed this one off to the groomsmen who of course left it to the last possible second and this is what they managed. One measly shoe. I can't help but giggle about the ridiculousness of it. At least the dinos are pretty cute (long story).

The other evidence of our supreme dorkitude is that instead of champagne we had the servers bring out gatorade in plastic champagne glasses (see picture above) for our toast. This was a huge hit and since it wasn't left to our groomsmen it went off without a hitch. (Guys, I kid!) Anyway, that concludes the dorkitude of the wedding! Well, at least the running related dorkitude, since I never did mention my air guitar obsession, did I?

PS Of course I won, Joseph!

9 comments:

Mindi said...

LOL! I LOVE IT! Your pictures are awesome - thanks for sharing them. Ha ha - I am still laughing. I am envisioning your air guitar to Bust a Move. :)

chrissie said...

Love the Gatorade toast! My friend threw us a 5K the morning of our wedding. The route went by several special spots, including where we met and our ceremony location. Since my hubby doesn't run, his contribution was designing the official Big Day 5K race shirts.

GP said...

You're truly a vision in white. Beautiful wedding. Beautiful photos. I absolutely love the gato-toast and really think the shoes would have been a terrific idea would your groomsmen have pulled it off. Guys.

Reading Chrissie's post about a wedding-day 5K is giving me ideas...!

Tom said...

Those pictures are awesome. You both look very happy.

According to WAVA, if I did it right, your 5k PR is equivalent to a 16:57 for a guy. That means you are damn fast either way!

I like the gatorade toast. :)

The Salty One said...

Not Bust a Move. It was the end of Let's Go Crazy by Prince. The ALL time best air guitar song ever!!! In case you were wondering...

DaisyDuc said...

You look so adorable in your toast picture...plus I love seeing the arm definition even in the wedding dress!

I love those unique ideas!!!

E-Speed said...

Have I mentioned how much I love your dress! I am so glad you had such a fantastic wedding!

Mindi said...

I just clicked on the "I won" link to Tusca - awesome picture - LOL. You 2 are hilarious. What fun.

Quinto Sol said...

WAVA of 16:57, yawza... I think you will eventually dip below 2:50 in the 'thon, and run sub-18.