Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wienie

Oh geez. I am such a wienie sometimes! I just don't get how I can get so bent out of shape worrying about such silly things. Worrying about little things like my potential performance in local 5k races is exactly what I was talking about here. I know better than to get all bent out of shape, yet it happens anyway. Frustrating!

But, you all helped me very much. I particularly like the "Salty, Salty...just go race" and the "f__k dude, go for it." Basically sums it all up, doesn't it?

As for the back, it's fine. It's just been a little nag here and there since my trip to New York. No big deal. It was just an extra thing I could throw into the con column. Otherwise it's not noteworthy.

And as for defending my title as Chili Bowl Champion of the Universe, I really don't mind losing the glorious title to someone else. If I lose it because I'm a wuss and don't race for it then I'll be annoyed, but otherwise I'll gladly watch someone else walk away with the biggest most absurd chili-bedecked trophy in the land. It's nice and rare for me to actually win, so I'll be happy if I do of course!

So yeah, I'm planning on racing it. I conned mrp into coming too with promises of brunch and Westside Market visits so it will be a fun date if nothing else. And I swear I am not going to be a wienie about it anymore.

4 comments:

TrainingtoTri said...

Have fun. I think I actually roped my hubby into doing this one too!

E-Speed said...

have fun! I'm boycotting the move to downtown as I have to go bridesmaid dress shopping. So win some gimcrack for me! ;)

Papa Louie said...

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!

Joseph P. Wood said...

Nice picture. Reminds me of why I don't like that breed of dog...