Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Go Peanut!

* I have so much to write about! One of the nice perks of being a lazy blogger is that so much time passes in between posts that so much happens. It's actually a bit intimidating though: where to start?

Last week I was very much consumed with planning a fabulous Saturday for my mom. The MS Walk turned out great. Nancy's Nomads had 26 people in bright orange t-shirts walking in support of my mom. My mom was totally shocked when she saw the see of tangerine and even more shocked when she saw my New-York-City-livin' sister there! She was good up until that point, but then we got her crying good. It really was just one of those beautiful moments. When I am being less lazy I will post the pictures I took.

I didn't want to overshadow my mom with peanut talk. Yes, we have adopted peanut as the moniker of our fetus (s/he's a fetus now at 10 weeks, yippee!) We had our first ultrasound last Tuesday. Up until that point I had been a very self-absorbed nausea-induced blob of a person. I was so caught up in feeling crappy that I wasn't fully conscious that peanut was really even there. I am so happy about peanut, but in a way there was some denial that peanut existed. But then we saw peanut. We saw the little flicker of a rapid 169 bpm heartbeat and then we saw peanut's little mitty hands and little legs and wow. That did it. Peanut is a peanut. Peanut is our peanut! Go peanut! Now that we've seen him or her, mrp and I talk to peanut and treat peanut like a member of our family. And I blame peanut for just about anything I can. It wasn't me snoring. It was peanut!! Peanut's tired and can't vacuum tonight. Peanut wants that rocky road ice cream. I'm convinced peanut doesn't mind.

So, those are the big things going on. There's so much more I could say, but peanut needs to pee.

* A portrait by cell phone of peanut's first portrait.

8 comments:

TrainingtoTri said...

ahhhh it's a peanut! Thanks for sharing the photo. So exciting.

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Soo exciting!:) Congratulations on seeing the peanut! Enjoy blaming him while you can! Wait til he gets a voice!!

Joseph P. Wood said...

Enjoy this blaming now, as Peanut will blame you for everything under the sun for the next 20 years...

Adeel said...

Whatever happened to the name Joseph and I chose?

That's very exciting, congratulations.

The Salty One said...

Adeel, I shortened it.

Joseph, tru dat.

Training and Addicted, thanks :)

mainers said...

thank you for introducing us to Peanut. I remember we called ours Monkey Nut

CJ said...

Exciting times. Love the name!

Mindi said...

Yay! Peanut's first picture! Congrats!

I am os glad the MS walk was a success!