Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Where's Salty?

How lame was Where's Waldo? I mean seriously. So late 80's. Speaking of the late 80s, remember magic eyes? Those stupid fractalish posters that hid 3-D images of exciting things like sailboats and dinasours for those who crossed their eyes just the right way. And Kirk Cameron. I always associate the late-80's with Kirk Cameron and his french cuff pleated acid-washed jeans.

Dear readers, I am still alive. Just busy and tired and feeling blah. Despite what conventional wisdom dictates I am about to tell you, with no fanfare whasoever because I am too tired to muster any, that I'm pregnant. I'm just 7 weeks, so we are far from out of the woods. But, it's the truth. It's me. And the only reason you don't tell people is that you might miscarry and I'd probably tell you that anyway, because frankly that would suck and I'd need your support. Plus, I just found out everyone in my office has already started speculating because apparently when you're small you start showing really early. I knew that, but I thought I was hiding it. Woops!

So there you have it. I'm in the bathroom heaving up my lunch, if you've been wondering.

17 comments:

AddictedToEndorphins said...

WOW!
Congratulations! That's fantastic! Thinking positive thoughts that it will go off without a hitch and you will have a healthy baby in 9 months!
:D
Hope you feel better, and that the morning sickness passes

Quinto Sol said...

Congrats!!!

joe positive said...

wow, when you put your mind to something, you really make it happen fast :-) Congrats!

Joseph P. Wood said...

ah, the first trimester...I remember it well...congrats again mommy...

GP said...

Thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of congratulations to you and your growing family.

Here's to one healthy baby and the future marathon champion of the world ;-)

Stay healthy and keep your spirits high (despite the hormonal blahs, etc.). And while a smaller frame may "show" sooner, I'm sure you're just glowing.

Meghan said...

Can I get a "Whoop?Whoop!" Crimeny, weren't you just lamenting about working hard to get pregnant and it not yet happening. Nelly, things happen fast 'round these parts. Wowowow, Salty, so exciting! You gotta come up with a funny acronym for the lil' bugger.

On the other hand, sorry to hear about the barfs and such. Blech. This is a completely foreign world to me so I have no advice other than words of encouragement.

CONGRATS!
Meghan

E-Speed said...

Secrets out of the bag :) Hope you aren't feeling too blah this week! Exciting times for you! You are going to be such a cute little pregnant chick!

Mindi said...

Ha! You didn't keep that a secret for long! But I don't blame you - I recall at the same stage in life people saying you need to wait 3 months to tell people. But I kept thinking, WAIT, if something happens (good, bad, indifferent), I will NEED those people so why wait?!

Congrats again and enjoy this precious time. I am so very excited for you and MRP. Awesome, awesome stuff.

Parenting is one of life's treasures. Tough, flat out painful, but nothing, NOTHING is more rewarding.

Conrats new Mommy! I am so happy for you!

Adeel said...

Congratulations! Joseph thinks you should name the baby Peanut. I think that's awful. You should name the baby Cleveland.

Joseph P. Wood said...

Adeel,

How about Cleveland Peanut Grover III?

DaisyDuc said...

A Huge Congratulations to you!!!!!

And it seems like just the other day you seemed antsy about it taking some time...that actually happened super fast for ya!!

I am with E that you are going to be one cute lil prego chick!!!

Hope you get over the blah feelings soon! I am so excited for you...this does deserve some fanfare!!!!

TrainingtoTri said...

Wow! Congratulations! What big news, thanks for sharing.

Adeel said...

Joseph,

I concur.

kenyarunb said...

Salty!!! This is such exciting news!!! A big congratulations to you and Mr. P :)

Bridget

Chelle said...

I slack of on my blog reading for a week and i miss this exciting news! Lessee....if I make it out there in August, you're going to have quite the belly going on. How exciting!

There's another pregnant runner blogger I've been reading off and on.... http://proserpinasemergence.blogspot.com/
She's quite a bit further along though as you can see from the photo she has up now!

Uptown Girl said...

Ack, blog slacking again! CONGRATS!!!!

Papa Louie said...

Congratulations and blessings to you and your hubby. Stay strong and happy.