Friday, June 06, 2008

APB: Calling All Pregnant Chicks

I have a dream. I dream of crossing the finish line with a 7 month pregnant belly at the Akron Marathon in September. No, I don't plan on running the full marathon or even a half-marathon. My dream is to anchor a relay team of 5 pregnant women.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any local runners who will be pregnant in September. Maybe I can make it an expectant parent relay and at least mrp could run it too. Really, I just think it would be fun as a way to get to know some other pregnant runners as well as to promote running in pregnancy. Anyway, if you know of anyone who might be interested in running a 5k or 10k leg of my relay, let me know!

9 comments:

Joseph P. Wood said...

Would you field an 18 month old chick in leui of a pregnant woman?

GP said...

That's Awesome with a capital A. Go Salty! If I know anyone, I'll send them your way. I bet you could get some real press coverage out of that story (I know you're not in it for the limelight, but for a really good awareness cause).

TrainingtoTri said...

Oh how cute! I might just get pregnant just to do that :)

Kate said...

What a fantastic idea! I wish I was a) pregnant and b) in Akron :-)

Lou @ The Higher Nest said...

That really IS awesome! Thank you so much by the way for your kind comment on my Mom Quixote blog. And I hadn't even thought of peanut butter!

marathon mommy said...

Great idea!

I have no intention of being pregnant come September but if you need a post-partum mommy to round out the team let me know!

katesun said...

wow when is it i will be 8 months but maybe I can come home .

Adeel said...

I expect to have children someday, and I hope to be in sub-17 5k shape by then. What do you think?

Mindi said...

How fun - I was wondering what on earth you were talking about when you said you were running Akron! :)

I am seriously considering running it - but I plan to do the full. No more pregnancy for this girl! :)