Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You Know It's a Good Day When You're Wearing a Running Skirt

It's one of those days. You know, the kind when as soon as the bus approaches your stop the deluge of rain starts or when your anti-stretch mark cream decides to stain your cheap Target maternity top. Yeah, I'm walking around with really frizzy hair and a streaky purple tent. Nice.

But Astrid is doing better. She's not great but she definitely perks way up when I give her her medicine. Hmm. I wonder if THAT would make this day better? Kidding, peanut. Don't worry! Last night she ate her treats and even did her little trick I trained her to do to earn her treats and this morning she took a few sips of milk. She still looks weird with her little tongue sticking out to make breathing easier, but she sure is cute. I'll take it.

In other news, I did something crazy. I bought a running skirt. My regular running shorts still fit (through some miracle), but I'm not sure for how long. I bought a pair of shorts a size up but they're more uncomfortable than the smaller size, strangely. So, I needed to figure something out. I found some maternity running clothes but they were not my kind of running clothes--long shorts and tight black tops. I need stuff for the heat. No tight black tops. And I HATE running in shorts any longer than 3 inches. They just don't work on my body. So, the only viable alternative I found was this maternity running skirt. It's a bit pricey and I was really not sure how practical it would be or if I'd feel silly wearing it.

It finally came. It took at least 2 weeks to reach me. This is my only complaint. But when it finally did, I was in love. It's so cute and comfortable! I could wear it all day. And since it has little shorts underneath I really could wear the teeny tiny skirt all day without feeling a hoochy! Who would have thought? I wore it on a group run (Hi G, t2t, and CJ!) and got lots of compliments and it felt very very awesome to run in. After the run I ended up wearing it all day for real!

Tomorrow I'm running one of my favorite 5k races and I plan to wear it. Keep your fingers crossed I have the wherewithal to remember to get some pictures. Hopefully, I have a better day!

7 comments:

Joseph P. Wood said...

I think those sports skirts are really quite cute on women--it's why I'm addicted to women's tennis.

Mindi said...

WHAT?! This is your first venture into the running skirt arena? Where have you been, darling? They are THE most comfy running attire so long as you get the right brand. I love new balance b/c they are cute, but the shorties ride up and drive me crazy. The key is tight shorts and a flattering (yet light - Under Armour is 15 lbs) skirt.

You go girl!

GP said...

It is a very nice running skirt, and I'm glad to hear it's a practical purchase too. I feel, many days, that shorts should come attached to all skirts I own.

Have a great 5K! And when you're kicking butt, trying not to rub the Peanut fact in too many faces. Unless, of course there are any bad attitudes.

mainers said...

I'm with you Joseph, although I did like the all in one outfits that seemed to be preponderant at the French Open. Looking forward to Wimbledon

Oh sorry Laura, got distracted. Good luck in the 5k!

E-Speed said...

sweet I am wearing my skirt tonight too!

The Salty One said...

Haha JPW and Mainers. I should have known you'd both have a fetish for tennis/running skirts ;)

Mindi-yeah, I'm a little late to the party. At least I made it eventually!

G-Hopefully, there aren't any jerks like last time there tonight!

Meghan said...

I'll bet you look like a darling pregnant runner in your cute running skirt. People seem to love them, or hate them.

Also, sorry to hear about kitty Astrid becoming sick. And happy to hear that Astrid is getting better. That's a darling photo, by the way.

Meghan