Friday, September 26, 2008


Peanut Pranks

Since about the halfway point of my pregnancy I have been feeling really great. I could still do just about everything I did before I got pregnant except maybe stay on my feet for long periods of time. move heavy stuff, and I generally needed to go to bed a little earlier.  Otherwise, wow! Pregnancy was great!  So when we signed up for our relay I was very confident that I could easily complete the 7.6 mile last leg.  Last Sunday sealed the deal when I ran 8 comfortably averaging 9:52 pace. So I thought.

Then Tuesday rolled around.   I was ok most of the day. I ran 4.5 miles at lunch.  But then as I was getting off the bus to go home, I could hardly stand up! I was in a lot of pain. Sweet little peanut had parked himself in a very unfortunate spot. I was in agony all evening.  I tried pelvic rocks to no avail. I laid down. Nothing. I gave up and went to bed. Unfortunately, every time I rolled over I'd wake to sharp pains. It was not a very good night's sleep! This continued through Wednesday, but was a little better.  Maybe I just adapted? I ran 3 miles on the treadmill but had to stop every mile to go to the bathroom.  Peanut was just putting a lot of pressure down low and it made me feel like I constantly had to go and I could only stand it for 10 minute bursts. Yesterday it was better still, but I remained uncomfortable much of the time.  I had a really nice 5.5 miles run in beautiful weather with a co-worker.  It gave me confidence, that even with peanut in the bad spot I could still finish my relay leg.  Well, I woke up today and peanut must have moved because I feel back to normal!! Yeah!  Thank you peanut! I am going to go for a 3 mile walk during my lunch hour just to get out and move my legs, but otherwise peanut and I are ready to roll right now.

And all five Speed Bumps are ready too.  Our team has our shirts (mine still fits!) and we're going to get our race packets tonight.  I am so excited to see this plan actually come into fruition and with such a wonderful group of women! All 4 of my teammates are wonderful and I can't wait to see their smiling faces at the finish line!

As a teaser for you, check out this spot four of us filmed for a local news channel! http://wwwphp.10tv.com/vplayer.php?clip=2008_09_25_Pregnant_Moms_Form_Relay_Team.wmv&site=ONN



6 comments:

E-Speed said...

I love how they kept zooming in on your bellies! You guys rock you are going to do great!

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Awww soo cute!:) Good luck tomorrow! You're gonna ROCK it!

Mindi said...

I LOVE IT!! What an awesome video. Very cool. Best of luck to you all on Saturday!!

Audrey said...

hi!!! i am so excited for you!!!!!! enjoy and congrats for organizing such a meaningful event!

Quinto Sol said...

Kudos to the "speed bumps" on a fine time!!!

solarsquirrel said...

I heard about your AWESOME finish time!!! I'm so impressed - you have definitely set a new standard for pregnant women. I can't wait to read your next post!!