Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cankles!


I have cankles! My feet and ankles have been puffy since Sunday.  I totally believe it's because I haven't run or worked out since Friday.  Maybe I'm nuts but I think the blood flow and the sweating from regular exericise has helped me avoid such horrible side-effects until now.  That's it! I'm working out today no matter what.  Luckily I have a date with my pregnant buddy *M* (trainingtotri.blogspot.com) to "run" at the park tonight. It might be more walk than run but I don't care.  I have to do something. Cankles are unacceptable!

3 comments:

Clare said...

ugh. i'm 30.5 weeks and was just given orders to stop running (and kind of everything else)...i don't want cankles! or ANY pregnancy symtpoms, which running/working out has helped me avoid. oh well...won't be long now. keep running and writing about it so i can live vicariously through you!!

EVIE5000 said...

You are too funny! My friend (who just had the twins) called them swankles, which cracked me up. If it makes you feel any better...they went away pretty much after she had them. She lost the weight pretty quickly too...and she's not a runner at all. I bet you have your baby early...and you'll be back to yourself in no time!!! :)

Heather said...

omg, so I didn't get the cankles until my last week of pregnancy (and I gave birth at past 41 weeks), I think because I was running the whole time and that helped the water weight gain until birth was imminent... but they were awful! Day before I gave birth I stubbornly still put my running shoes and by the time I got done with my run it was painful.... Day I went into the hospital, I had to wear slippers :D

They go away pretty soon after you give birth though as the water weight disappears.

Hopefully, your husband is more sensitive than mine who thought me having cankles was absolutely hilarious!