Thursday, October 30, 2008

Kink


Oh great.  I have the worst kink in my neck.  I rolled over last night in the middle of the night and felt something pull but dismissed it.  When I woke up I was in agony!!  I can't turn my head or move my arm all the way without pain.  And of course I can't take anything for it either!! I brought 2 hand towels and a bath towel that I could make into a warm compress here at work but I haven't mustered up the guts or the energy to nuke my towel in the break room. I really don't want to have to explain what it is that I'm doing. Heh. Hopefully when I work out in an hour or so that will help.

Speaking of working out... I think running is definitely for sure done until peanut arrives.  I know I keep threatening this, but this time it's true. I ran 7 miles two weeks ago, .25 miles last week, and 0 so far this week. Besides my legs, peanut is low and sitting on my bladder now and as you've seen I am really big now and feeling too awkward to safely stay on the treadmill if it's going over 4 mph! However, I've still been getting in about 5 workouts a week. I have been getting great 45-50 minute workouts in on the eliptical when I can get down to the gym at work and hilly power walks on my treadmill in my basement.  I've also managed to work in a couple of really nice hikes at my favorite park.  

And speaking of really nice hikes at my favorite park... On Saturday I am going to almost go for a run with almost every one I have run with since I've been pregnant with, only they will all run while I walk and then we are going to meet up for breakfast afterwards.  I am so excited!  I have missed all of them since I slowed way down and now stopped running all together and I cannot tell them how appreciative I am for their company and support over the months! I am one lucky lady!!  This will probably be the last time I see them before peanut and next time I see them they'll each get to meet the little guy! How exciting!!  

And speaking of getting to meet the little guy... 36 weeks today!


5 comments:

TrainingtoTri said...

36 weeks! My how time flies! I wish I could come this week. Have so much fun and I am definately up for a walk sometime soon.

Joann said...

Almost there, how exciting!!! Can't wait to meet Peanut next time I'm in town!

Clare said...

very cool about still working out "with" your running partners! that was the best part for me...running with other, slower people and just loving the comradery. i can't run now either (33 weeks, kid's pushing her way out so the dr is freaking) but ANY workout counts mentally! good luck!

DaisyDuc said...

Blah...stupid kinks, sounds so uncomfy!

TOMORROW IS GONNA BE A BLAST!

Heather said...

Exciting! That means 1-6 weeks until you meet your Peanut.

The other things will keep you fit even if you can't run. Just do what you can enjoy, that's what I think. I basically went through my pregnancy with that motto and it seemed to serve me well.