Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Nuts


I have turned into a chipmunk! I am one messy disorganized person normally, but lately I am a freak about organizing closets and my files at work and making sure I have enough of everything in the house. I am obsessed with the notion of "just in case."  Hormones! Mrp is in heaven as normally he has to bribe me to do any real cleaning or organizing.  And for whatever reason I'm actually enjoying tasks like sorting through my old clothes and refiling files at work. Hopefully, some of these hormones will stick around after eviction day.

Unfortunately, running isn't going so well.  My lower legs flood with lactic acid when I run anymore and it hurts so much running just isn't enjoyable.  Add in the bladder, the round ligament pain, etc and it just isn't happening.  I only managed 7 total miles last week running. Today I ran .25 miles while I waited for an eliptical and I have to admit I was completely excited when one finally freed up and I could end the misery in my poor legs.  Elipticalling is proving a great workout.  I feel great doing it and I can keep my heartrate up without a break for 45 minutes to an hour.  And when I need an outside fix I can get in a good hilly hike at my favorite park, so all is not lost.   It's not the aerobic exercise. Sadly, it's just running.  But with 5 weeks to my due date, I might be able to run again in just 8 weeks.  I won't push anything and will take my time getting back to it, but knowing how soon I could be back out there makes me feel better about not running now.   But I will keep up the exercise and I am not ruling out running anymore (who knows, maybe my legs will work themselves out before the big day and I'll get a few more miles in.)  I think about it and I can get plenty out of shape in 5 weeks and I want to be in good aerobic shape for labor and recovery. And not gaining extra weight that I'll need to take off will be an added bonus. So I will keep at it until the end!

1 comment:

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Hehe. "Just Incase". :) I think my mother called it "nesting".

Can't say anything about the exercise, just hope you start to feel better:) There's a light at the end of the tunnel! Hang in there!!