Thursday, October 23, 2008

Swing State


So today I put my Obama magnet on my car.  It's parked at the park n' ride.  We'll see if the magnet is still on my car this evening. I thought of taking it off and stuffing it in my purse when I parked my car anywhere, but why pass up an opportunity to wage a social experiment?  I totally expect it to be stolen, but how long will it take? Where will it happen?  In other poltical news, my mother, grandmother and I are going campaigning for Obama together on Nov 3.  It will more or less be 4 generations campaigning together! I am not quite sure what they will have us do.  I'll let you know! I would like to do something fun, but I will just be happy to get out and do something and take advantage of living in a swing state.

In peanut news, peanut is still a gigantic fetus.  Yesterday, my midwife did something called palpating, which is just a fancy way of saying she poked around my belly to guage the position and size of the baby.  She agrees: he's a big kid! As a result, the consensus seems to be that he will come early.  So we're looking at more like 3 weeks to go than 5.  Yikes!  I am so excited to meet peanut so that works for me. Plus, as selfish as this is that means I get to get back to running two weeks sooner! Can't wait! Although, I have a lot going on between now and getting back to running!  And of course now that my hopes are all up that he'll be here in 3 weeks, he'll be two weeks late.  The thought of going late is really really unappealling! So, come soon peanut!

Also, peanut is still riding high and now that my uterus is big (measuring at 37 weeks!) I cannot breath and I have constant heartburn.  Seriously, sometimes I worry he will kick me in the face!  Haha. It's not that bad, but it's pretty bad! It stinks to be short!  I kind of hope that when he drops (and that's going to be soon, right little buddy!?) that might also relieve some of the blood flow issues in my legs and I might get a run or two in before he arrives.

In mrp news, he took all of last week off from running, but he has actually run every day so far this week.  He's been talking about running a fall marathon next year. I hope he does.  He seems to be putting the experience in perspective and looking to move on.  I think there are more mrp marathons to come!

So that's what's going on over here. Everything very exciting, though nothing all that new and exciting.  Just generally exciting!



6 comments:

Mindi said...

Not to rain on your parade, but I could have written the exact same post 7 years and 3 months ago! I did not even go to a good friend's wedding b/c it was on a cruise ship and they told me I was likely to go into labor early. My body even started showing signs of "readiness" 3 weeks out. Long story short, James was born on August 4 - one day after his August 3 due date. But yeah, he WAS huge. :)

Enjoy these last weeks, even if uncomforable. Before you know it, you will miss feeling the peanut kicks and twists.

IVF Running Mama said...

Congrats on the big baby and potential early arrival!! I totally hear you with getting back to running soon! I can't wait to train again!

Heather said...

Angeline was born 8 lb, 10 oz --- over a week late.
I don't think size is really related to when they will come out.

Definitely know the excitement though!

The Salty One said...

Mindi--I know. EVERYONE thinks they're going to go early when in fact the vast majority of first babies are late! I guess I meant that we need to be prepared for 3 weeks rather than 5. Although my went 3 weeks early with me, 4 with my sister and Mrp's mom was early with all her kids. Even so, watch me still be pregnant in December! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Hahaha.

The Salty One said...

Oops. I meant to say my MOM went early with me and my sister there...

DaisyDuc said...

Well ya still look gorgeous in that dress! Sweet an early arrival possibility!