Monday, November 10, 2008

We're Getting Closer

I have had some labor false alarms the last couple of days. And this comes after experiencing just about every prelabor sign and symptom (I won't get into those finer details here as it is a running blog and not a place you would normally expect to read about bodily fluids--yummy!) Even so, my own personal prediction is that I am going to deliver peanut on Thursday the thirteenth at 38 weeks and he will weigh 9 lbs 6 oz. Mrp thinks he will come next Monday the seventeenth and weigh 10 lbs 1 oz. Feel free to leave a prediction in the comments. If I get inspired and not overwhelmed in the coming days perhaps whoever is closest will win a prize! How's that for a commitment? Heh.

I am trying to not get my hopes up and relax and expect labor to start sometime within the next 2.5 weeks rather than the next 2.5 hours. It's hard when your body teases you, though. I woke up this morning at 4 a.m. with serious contractions that came 7-8 minutes apart for 2 hours. Mrp woke up at 6 and I told him. Then I did not have another contraction for over an hour!! And since then any I have had have been weak and very irregular. Damn! I thought maybe we actually would have peanut on our first anniversary (which is today! Happy Anniversary Mrp!), but now I am sitting in my office at work so I think that that won't happen. Lots about pregnancy and childbirth is like running, but this waiting has no running parallel. It's like planning a taper, but not knowing when the marathon is. Yeah. It makes you crazy!!

UPDATE: My sister, Auntie Miss A. will gladly handle contests. She promises a special prize to whoever most closely guesses her new nephew's birthday and birth weight!

19 comments:

E-Speed said...

I predict Saturday the 15th at 11:10 AM! :) 9pounds 9 oz

The Salty One said...

Hopefully my labor will only be 3 hours and 10 minutes ;)

Quinto Sol said...

Friday, 11/14. 8 lbs, 12 oz. Boy. 22-inches.

kyle the girl said...

Happy Anniversary, Salty and Mrp. I can't believe it's already been a whole year. :)

I predict that labor will start tonight! Peanut will arrive tomorrow morning so that I can be all giddy and happy while nibbling on my breakfast. Although it would be kind of cool if Mrp's prediction came true, because then I'd be home a couple days later to help with whatever. Yay!

Proud Auntie Miss A. will gladly handle contests. I promise a special prize to whoever most closely guesses my new nephew's birthday!

Clare said...

11/17, 9 lbs 2 oz.

but i just made that up.

DaisyDuc said...

Hmmm Sunday the 16th, 9AM at 9lbs, 1 oz. So is there a mass text plan set up to let all of us know???

TrainingtoTri said...

I guess Thursday Nov 13th before lunch :) And he'll weigh 8 lbs 11 oz.

JenC said...

I hope that it is sooner, but I'm going to guess 11/20 with a weight of 9 lbs 4 oz

GP said...

11/25 before breakfast, coming in at 8 pounds 2 oz.

EVIE5000 said...

Tuesday 11/18.....9lbs 10ounces in the wee early morning hours :)

Mindi said...

Happy first anniversary!!!

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Peanut will not make his debut until 11/27/2008.

I will guess 9 lbs, 3 oz, 21 inches long. And I bet he will have a full head of dark hair and a BIG voice.

Mindi said...

BTW - I hope your labor will only be 3 hours 10 minutes too!

CJ said...

Not too many days left to pick from, so I'll go with Wed. 11/19. Sounds far away, but it's only next week! I predict 10 1bs even.

So excited for you!

Joann said...

Monday the 24th, 9 lbs, 8 oz

The Salty One said...

I have to say, I appreciate the later day guesses as it takes the pressure off to go early :)

It's 11/12 and he's still cooking!

jen said...

alex's birthday is 11/27, so i am obligated to go with that, despite the fact that someone else picked it. and since both my boys were 7 and change, i'll go with 8 lbs, 3 oz to allow him the extra giantness he appears to have in photos.

Katie said...

I found your blog through... not even sure at this point, but I'm lurker delurking for the purposes of the contest. Guess is 11-17, 9 lbs, 6 oz.

joe positive said...

Nov 20 (my birthday), and 9lb 12oz (double my birth weight).

The Salty One said...

11/13 and still pregnant!