Friday, November 28, 2008

What a Week!

Wow! What a week! On Nov. 18 I looked like this and now that belly is much smaller and peanut is on the outside! I am finally able to get two free hands and a few seconds to update this here blog. A week after his arrival, things with Nathaniel are going so so well! Labor and delivery were very tough and was much different than any of us anticipated. I am planning to write a detailed birth story very soon, but in the meantime I can just sum it up and say that due to a stubborn peanut my labor was very very long and I had to go to plan B, C and D. I have had a bit more to recover from than I anticipated, but a week later I am feeling much stronger and can see a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm sure I'll be up and running soon. Not too soon, but soon. In the meantime, I am loving my new role as a milk-machine.

Here are some more pictures of my little nut!

11 comments:

Mindi said...

I am glad you are all doing so well! Peanut is beautiful and mrp looks like one smitten daddy!

Recover well and enjoy this new world.

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Ohhhhhh he's so cute! Congrats! Sorry bout the rough labor but glad you're doing well:)

Jennifer said...

Laura-
Congratulations! I haven't been in the blog world for a while, and forgot you were due now.

He's absolutely beautiful. Enjoy.

RGSMOM said...

He is beautiful!! I am so happy for you!!

solarsquirrel said...

Thanks for the much anticipated update! He's SOOOOOO cute!

IVF Running Mama said...

Hey there--as you know, my labor was NOT what I expected at all...but now 25 post partum the body is feeling much better. All that matters is the healthy peanut!!

JenC said...

He's a beautiful peanut! Congrats!

Let me know when you are up for visitors!

TrainingtoTri said...

Laura he is gorgeous! I can't wait to talk to you and hear all about everything. I am so sorry the labor didn't go the way you had planned, but it's good you had put so much thought into eveverything and had plans B, C & D! LOL.

E-Speed said...

red head! How fun! Glad your Thanksgiving was good, hope you are relaxing with that hubby and cute baby of yours this week!

DaisyDuc said...

Aghhh, congrats Mommy!!! I can't wait to hear about everything. I would be happy to stop by and visit sometime if you are up to company.

What a handsome little guy!

Meghan said...

Oh the whole family looks beautiful, even superduper pregnant you!

Take care of the lil' one, and we understand when the bloggy goes quiet!

Hugs!
Meghan