Monday, February 16, 2009

Very Much


I dropped off peanut with his babysitter for the first time today.  I didn't cry.  I took care of that last night.  Now I am doing everything in my power to resist the temptation to check in with him. I'll be seeing him at 2:00 and if anything is not going right in the meantime, the sitter would call. She's been doing this for over 20 years.  Of course, it's not helping things that I have the little song I sing to him when he nurses stuck in my head:

Who's a baby? Who's a baby?
You're a baby. You're a baby.  
Who's my baby? Who's my baby?
You're my baby. You're my baby.  
And who loves you? And who loves you?
And I love you. And I love you.
Very much. Very much.

In happier news, today I am running with my buddy DD for the first time in a long time and for the first time faster than 10:00 pace in a loooooong loooooong time.  Can't wait!

2 comments:

jsmarslender said...

Oh, I love the little song! I sing to Claire too and get those lines stuck in my head. Best to you today. Enjoy your run.

Clare said...

hope you survived and it all went well!