Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March Daydreams


March is a special month for me. It's the time of year that mrp and I began our first relationship 18 years ago (Christ, I'm old!) It's the time we struck up our second relationship 4 years ago.  It's about the time we decided to get married 2 years ago. And it was this time last year that we conceived peanut (ok, that's a little tmi. Sorry!) And even when these hugely significant events are taking place, March is a month that always leaves me itching to seize the day and make the most out of life.

This March is no different. I started my big training comeback last week and so far things are going great and I'm super excited about getting back to it. My first race back is in 2.5 weeks and I cannot wait!  Being pregnant and being forced to take a year off of training has not only relit the fire, but has provided me the wonderful opportunity to relive the joys of getting into shape and seeing fast improvements. I would be lying if I said I'm never frustrated that I'm still about 10 lbs more than I'd like to be, that most of my clothes still don't fit, and that I am still slower than I was.  But if you would have told me 6 months ago that less than 4 months post-partum I'd be running 50+ miles a week, easy paced runs as fast as 8:04 pace and tempos just a few seconds slower than my tempos a couple of years ago I would have jumped for joy! Plus these days running feels great and is such a pleasure, even more so than it ever was.

And besides that, other big changes are brewing. I am sitting here in my office under the florescent lights, listening the jibber-jabber of co-workers, the hum of the radiator, looking at the little wallet sized photos of peanut taped about my office. Meanwhile, my brain is daydreaming of what could be. Of  easy runs with the baby jogger. Of the anticipation of mrp coming home. Of clipping coupons. Of missing buying myself and peanut cute outfits on a whim.  Of sunny days with my boy.  Of wondering where life will take me next.

2 comments:

jsmarslender said...

I'm daydreaming too! So happy that your runs are good and you're enjoying your March.

DC Running Mama said...

I'm waiting for the big reveal. I can't stand the tension!