Saturday, May 02, 2009

19:22 Out of the Blue

I ran a 19:22 5k this morning and won a race! Where the heck did that come from? That's my second fastest 5k time ever (not counting the first 5k of my 10k pr when I went out like an idiot) and I felt so good the whole time. I probably should have pushed harder but I was so happy to be running so effortlessly under 20:00 I was too content to rock the boat! As usual, just as I was bemoaning the state of my fitness things are looking up. 

Edited (5/4/09) The official results are up and they say 19:23.9.  At the awards ceremony they said I ran a 19:35 and my friend CV ran a 19:47.  It totally annoyed me that they were so far off--hey, we busted our butts for those extra 10+ seconds!  My watch said 19:21. Our friend BH talked to the officials and apparently the person responsible for timing was off for everyone. The official said that I should be 19:22 and CV 19:36, that was better! It wasn't chip timed, so the final times are based on one person's eye balls. I don't mind having a 19:23 (not sure what happened to the 19:22), but the .9 seriously irks me.  The timer certainly wasn't accurate to the 10th of a second.  It reminds me of that stupid .9 cents in gas prices. So, anyway I guess officially I ran a 19:23 (.9!) out of the blue.  

7 comments:

CoyoteGirl said...

Wow! You're posting some awesome times post-partum. My youngest is almost 4 and I STILL don't feel back to normal yet!

Mnowac said...

What the! You are awesome. Rock on runner mom.

jsmarslender said...

Wow! Are you starting to feel stronger post-partum? I've read that some athlete moms experience a sort of renewal, as though their bodies can take on anything now. Perhaps you'll see more PRs!

E-Speed said...

you know that is one second faster than my PR.Consider yourself back in shape speedster.

Clare said...

good day for a pr! me too, but not THAT fast! good job.

DC Running Mama said...

Woohoo! Bask in your glory!

Viper said...

Holy smokes! Maybe getting pregnant is my answer ... hrm, that might be difficult. Congrats on the win.