Wednesday, February 03, 2010

I'm a Brooks Girl!

I just got an acceptance e-mail into the 2010 Brooks ID Program. If you're not familiar with the program, it's a sponsorship from Brooks for runners who "inspire daily" (that's the I.D.) I like to think I inspire daily and I definitely strive to do that. Hopefully it's true. Needless to say, though, I am pumped!

Although, I am also nervous. How am I going to fit in the racing uniform? I really don't think a small singlet is going to cut it right now. And then I think about after I have #2. How long until it will fit then. Will I be able to wear it if I run a race or two in August for fun? Maybe I can inspire Brooks to start a maternity line. Seriously. All my friend are starting families and all the runners are still running. We have to wear something!

And now that we're on the topic, my belly is cold these days! All my running shirts are way too short and I have to wear my pants at a slant. I typically either wear a jacket or a long-sleeve t-shirt over my tech shirts and luckily those are long enough that I'm not either embarrassing myself or offending on-lookers. But, there is that space between the tech shirt and my pants that is just covered by the outer-layer that gets so cold! Poor #2's shivering in there! At least I can still fit in my clothes, though. For that I am very very grateful! But, I am just 4.5 months pregnant. Yikes! I still have a loooooong way to go!

But I am so exciting to run for a great company. I really do love all my Brooks gear (that jacket that still covers my belly happens to be Brooks' element jacket and I LOVE it a. because it still fits but b. because it's water and windproof but light and soft rather than heavy and stiff). It's wonderful that the company supports the running community as much as it does. I feel very fortunate to be a part of the Brooks ID family.

Just for kicks (well, if I can actually get it on my body) I'll take a photo of myself in the race uniform and post it. Now THAT should be entertaining!






4 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations! Yes, please inspire Brooks to start a maternity line! I feel like I'm on the verge of showing off way too much of my belly when I hit the gym these days in my pre-pregnancy running shirts and shorts.

DC Running Mama said...

Congrats!! We definitely need a maternity running line!! I heart my Brooks running jackets...haven't found as much success with their shoes, though, but I have funky feet (bunion).

allanjel said...

Congratulations!!! So, so awesome!!

Audrey said...

This is probably going to sound silly, but you should knit (or have a friend knit) a belly cozy. It would be super easy and you could put buttons or ribbons on one side so it could expand or contract in size as needed.