Thursday, March 11, 2010

What to Wear?

I am planning to run my first race ever as a Brooks girl on Saturday. The last time I ran this race was in 2007 and I met two great friends there, JP and EM! It should be fun since I think every single friend or family member that lives in town will be running it or planning to come watch (I'm talking about you E!). The only thing I am worried about it what to wear?

I have to wear Brooks gear, which under normal circumstances would be easy. I'd throw on my uniform. The problem is that it doesn't fit. If you recall, this is what it looked like a couple of weeks ago. It's even tighter now! Some pregnant women have no problem parading around in their sports bra and shorts, but that's not me! I really don't want my belly hanging out. I think I've rigged it up so I can have my belly covered and still wear the outfit. Sure, the shorts fit funny because my butt is big and I have to wear them at a slant. And sure, the B-R-O-O-K-S is stretched to it's max across the boobs I normally don't have. But, really I can deal with that as long as my belly is covered.

Here's my master plan to cover said belly. I have to wear a long sleeved black top with a black maternity stretchy camisole over it and then the long bra top over that! The only thing I'm not sure about is whether I will tuck up the long part of the top so it's just a bra over my black shirts or if I leave it cover half my belly. I just worry it will ride up and be annoying more than anything else.

I am just glad the weather is cooperating. 45 degrees will be perfect to race in a long sleeved top and shorts. Any hotter or colder and this plan would not work!

Now, whether I will actually race I have no idea. Today I ran 6 by myself while peanut was at the sitter's. It was beautiful out: high 50's and sun. I felt really really pregnant and awkward. I was running low 9:00's but just felt clunky. At about 4.5 miles I felt better and decided to do some 20 second strides with 40 seconds rest to see if that would make me feel less like humpty dumpty. The first stride was slow and awkward, but I have to say after each one I felt better and it seemed like I was running faster and faster with less and less effort. I did a total of 6 of them. I'm glad I did. I will just have to show up and see how I feel. At least I'll definitely look hot ... or something.

No comments: