Friday, June 25, 2010

Another Labor Break

I had contractions steadily all day yesterday and by about 8:00 they started picking up intensity. I had to employ my pain management tricks to get through them. But I am good with that and by 11:30 or so felt tired and at the urging of mrp tried to sleep. I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to sleep through the contractions since they were so rough and they are especially rough when I can't move around. I laid down anyway, determined to at least try to rest. I worked on my relaxation before a contraction came on and when it did I really tried to let go of it. Just let it happen and sink into it. It's a weird thing to do, at least for me. I mentally moved into the pain instead away from it and wouldn't you know it before I had three contractions I was asleep!

I woke up to several contractions, but I also woke up knowing they had slowed way down with the sleep and remaining motionless and vertical for so long. I had to again make the tough call to go with rest rather than labor progress, knowing that I still have a long way to go. I managed to sleep until 5 and I'm now sitting on the yoga ball trying to get #2 engaged again and ready to rock this out today. Oh please be today! Will update again today as I can.

Update: I've been up for 3 hours and only had a couple of contractions. Midwife advised to take magnesium citrate, a laxative. Went to CVS and the stuff comes in a bottle. It's like laxative soda and is disgusting. Cheers!

Update #2: Well, that didn't seem to work. I've had contractions, but nothing I'd call progress. I feel like I've been running a marathon with no mile markers and thought I was around the halfway point only to discover I'm at mile 2. It's frustrating, but I figure with all this trying and still nothing's happening it's just not time yet. Prelabor is frustrating, that's all there is to it! So, yeah back to assuming no #2 until her due date on Monday.

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

Uggh. I do not envy you right now. Hopefully once the labor really gets rolling it is quick and painless, sounds like you have done plenty of work already to me!