Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Frances Claire

Only 5% of babies are born on their due date. You can add #2 to the list! She was born on June 28, 2010 at 4:11 p.m. She was 8lb. 11oz. and has a full head of beautiful dark hair. I will fill you in on all the details soon, but to summarize I managed to deliver her naturally, with no drugs! It was the most amazingly physically and mentally tough thing I have ever done and will probably ever do. I am still in awe of the whole thing today! Here's a little photo of our darling Francie snoozing on my lap while we wait for mrp to bring peanut to meet his little sister. Oh what a happy day!

12 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations!

Mnowac said...

Oh she is gorgeous. I can't wait to meet her. I am out of town this weekend, but will call you next week. I'd love to see her the following weekend! I imagine her birth was relatively quick compared to Peanut, so I am happy for that!

Viper said...

Big congrats! Wishing new baby and mother well. Cheers!

mainers said...

CONGRATS LAURA!!

JenC said...

I'm so glad she's here finally! What a beautiful girl! Let me know when you'd like company and I'll bring Will and lunch for us. Congrats mama!!

jsmarslender said...

Oh how wonderful! So very happy for all of you, welcoming Francie. Beautiful baby, beautiful name. Glad all went well.

Vince A. said...

Perfect beautiful name. And I see an Olympic qualifier in her distant future!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I have been reading for a while now and this is my first message to you. Hearing how well everything went gave me the chills. Childbirth is just so wonderful! Welcome Frances! I love her name:)

Trisaratops said...

She is just beautiful! So happy for you guys! Can't wait to meet her! Glad to hear labor went well! :)

Michelle Simmons said...

Congrats!!

chelle said...

Woo hoo! Can't wait to read all the details! So happy to hear the wonderful news :)

Inca Princess said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and already looks like she's gonna be fast!