Wednesday, June 02, 2010

No Sleep (well, not enough) for the Weary

Ugh. Pregnancy insomnia. Not fun. #2 is bouncing off the walls in there and it's hot and mrp snores a tiny bit and these are really just excuses because I doubt I could sleep anyway. I need to. I am exhausted.

Peanut did great on our one nap schedule except (and this is a HUGE except) he only slept 45 minutes for his one nap for the second day in a row. I am not handling that well. I have work I need to get done and naps I need to take these days. By this afternoon I was a mess.

I had my prenatal appointment in the late afternoon, but since peanut was up and we had time to kill I thought I'd go sign up for his swimming lessons. We saw his buddy from swim class earlier in the day at the park and her mom said she signed up that morning for just the very session that would work perfectly for us. I arrived at the rec office only to discover that that session and any other session we could possibly swing this summer were full.

I walked out with peanut and immediately started sobbing. I cried all the way to the car. And then I cried some more. And then I called mrp and cried. And then I kind of got it together and drove to my prenatal appointment. I was so blah there that I forgot every question I had and it was the most uneventful appointment ever. No internal (which I am kind of glad about since I've been having a lot of braxton hicks again and I was worried an internal would p.o. the ol' uterus again). All she did was measure me, get #2's heart rate and freak me out for the millionth time that I might have another posterior baby (sunny-side up--basically the wrong position and it causes back labor among other not fun stuff). Great.

But the morning was really good. Peanut slept in until a little after 7:30 and played in his crib until 8:00. I brought him down and we had a nice morning together and then hit the park for a run with JenC and BS and our BOBs. I wasn't sure what to expect from the run, but I surprisingly felt the best I have in about a week and a half. We ran 3.5 and I felt like I could have kept on going. Peanut didn't even conk in the stroller, which I was worried about. After then run we had a little lunch and then got his bucket swing on before heading home to play and read stories until at least 12:30. Right on cue at 12:30 after reading "Duck in the Truck" for the 3rd time in a row (great book by the way!) peanut found his blankie and rubbed his eyes and walked over to the gated stairs. I took him up to his room and everything went according to plan until 45 minutes later when he woke me from my nap (after maybe 5 minutes of sleeping) with his loud crying. I gave him some time to reconsider, but after 10 minutes of wailing I went up and brought him in bed with me for some cuddles. He won't sleep in my bed, but at least it gives me an opportunity to rest a tiny bit more. But it's not enough!

I'm hoping that within a few days he'll adjust to our one nap schedule. In the meantime, I hope I survive!

2 comments:

Mnowac said...

Sorry those hormones are getting to you! Soon you will have a little Frannie. Can't wait to meet her!

PS - I am back to my old blogger blog - trainingtotri.blogspot.com

Catching up with Jessica said...

oh no...so much for me to look forward! you poor thing. on so many levels. hang in! I'm sure it'll get better! Have a great weekend!