Thursday, September 16, 2010

Growth Spurts

I got myself all excited about a half-marathon in early November because it was offering cash for breaking age-group records. My pre-old-lady age group's record was 1:38:xx and I thought that would be a good goal for me and I could bag money to cover the entry fee and the gas to the race. Well, damn if I didn't stalk the entrants list and see that a very fast local woman also just entered my new age group. Oh well. I still think that's a good goal: 7:30's for a half 4 months post-partum. Feels like a huge stretch from this vantage point, but I never would have thought I was where I was 4 months after peanut at 11 weeks out either.

In other news, peanut is suddenly talking a blue streak! Yesterday, I asked him if he wanted to wear his white t-shirt and he said, "No, blue." Where did that come from?! And then today he said, "I love you, momma." Oh bestill my cold cold heart!

And then little #2 is all of sudden trying her darndest to roll over. Peanut rolled over at 11w 4d, so #2 needs to roll over tomorrow if she wants to keep up with her brother. No pressure, toots! (Why, that attitude isn't going to cause any sibling rivalry at all!) But man that little girl is a cutie. She's laughing and chattering most of the time she's awake. She even giggles when I tickle her. I love it! It's so awesome to watch her awaken to the world.

It's funny how they both seem to be going through huge developmental milestones at once. I'm starting to see shades of them interacting. I can picture the group bath time and fighting over toys and huggy cuddles. Sure, having two so close in age is very hard at times, but it's so much sweeter than I thought it would be even now. Even now when I feel like my body has been ravaged by two back-to-back pregnancies, I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments: