Thursday, December 02, 2010

A Winter Challenge

* The whole salty family is getting over the stomach flu (well, except #2 thank goodness!) Yuck! I haven't run since Monday and I probably won't until Friday at the earliest. I'm still barely able to eat anything. This nast kind of came at a good time though because the weather has finally taken a turn towards winter so it would have been a challenge to get my runs in. It was one thing taking peanut out in the snow last year, but I just can't see doing it with #2. Maybe for an occasional short run, but no hour long epic adventures with the BOB for a while. Sad.

This means I need a new routine. (This is where this post gets really boring as I map out my plans.) Right now I have very few options. Basically, because mrp leaves for work at 6:00, unless I snag a sitter I'm stuck on the mill either in the morning or during nap time. Ideally I'd like to knock the run out early. I'd like to get up at 5:00 and sip some coffee as I get an hourish of work done and then hit the mill for an hour before peanut wakes up. This shouldn't be a problem except I have virtually no entertainment for my mill runs. It's a long story, but it's going to be a huge pain in the a$$ to update my ipod, but I must. I also need to get a t.v. down there. That will help tremendously. I think if I can do these two things I will be fine. Oh, and I need to start getting to bed early. I need to make bedtime absolutely no later than 10, but as close to 9:00 as possible since I'll be waking up several times each night to feed #2. I can do it! I can do it!

I know I'm not alone in attempting this winter challenge and that will help too. Knowing my friends are fighting the urge to snooze will certainly help me resist the temptation. And knowing that I'm getting it done so I can devote the rest of the day to my two cuties will be the biggest bonus of all.

* #2 feeling smug about escaping the gastro-intestinal nightmare the rest of the family experienced.

4 comments:

Mnowac said...

Definitely get a tv! Order some good tv series dvds from the library like DExter or Weeds and only watch when you're on the mill. That will help. I'm right there with you. I am up at 5am every day to get it in. "see" you there.

Nitsirk said...

Me too. 5am every day. Some days on the mill, some days on the bike trainer and some days outside with a headlamp and the dog but always at 5am. You can do it!

jsmarslender said...

I'm starting the early morning routine too. Get it done, good run to start the day. I have a window to stare out, but if all I had were a wall, I'd probably want a tv.

Hope the schedule works out for you - I'm up once or twice or three times a night (no predictability!) with the little one, but it still feels good to get a run before the day gets away.

MImi said...

Your babies are so sweet!