Thursday, January 13, 2011

Plan B

Sorry I've been M.I.A. I'm teaching again. The semester started on Tuesday. That means I have very little time to blog. If you want to keep tabs on my training you can view my log here.

In the meantime, my new goal is to balance training with teaching, mothering, surviving, etc. This week has already been a challenge. On Monday #2 would not go back to sleep and the clock was ticking and I was losing my morning window to get my run in. I gave up and brought her to the basement to play while I ran before 6 A.M. She was doing well, but she started to get tired around mile 5 so I just switched my planned 6 for Wednesday's planned 5. Then Tuesday I barely got in my 7 mile fartlek in before heading to pick up the kids on time and then Wednesday peanut was whining with 2 miles to go. I had to hope he'd go back to sleep, but of course I was regretting switching my shorter run to Monday! Now today my babysitter needs me about half an hour early so I doubt I'm getting in all of my planned 7.5 half-marathon paced workout in. Normally, this would drive me batty and make me horribly cranky, but I have accepted that this is life. If I can run at all and get most of my miles and workouts in, I will be happy. Promise!

No comments: