Thursday, June 30, 2011

Survivor

My baby turned one on Tuesday. That had to be the fastest year of my life! I can't believe she's entering her toddler years already. I have been busy trying to finish my work so I can blitz the house in time for her big bash on Saturday. Can't wait!!!

In the meantime, to celebrate her birthday I went and got myself almost injured. It's the same ol' pain in the butt that plagues me every now and then. It was really sore after my long run and then it was REALLY sore after the track on Tuesday. I was really worried about getting in today's tempo, but managed to survive. The goal was 5 @ 6:25 and 1 @ 6:20 and I managed to be close. I kept going back and forth in my head committing to the workout and pushing myself and then being convinced I was an idiot and backing off. I decided to not look at my watch for the last mile because the biggest hill on the route and a headwind were waiting for me, so I was super pleasantly surprised to see what I rolled in with for that mile! Here were the splits:

6:24

6:28

6:41 (uphill and into the wind and mentally checked out)

6:27 (rally!)

6:31 (um, am I an idiot?)

6:16 (screw it! If I did any damage it's already done!)

So, not too bad all things considered. The butts feeling ok. Still tender, but dealable. I just need to make it until Wednesday when I have an ART appointment. In the meantime, whoa am I busy!!!

Time to get crackin'!

1 comment:

Janet Edwards said...

I cannot believe she is only one and you are already just sooo back kicking butt and taking names!