< 18:00 5k
< 30:00 5m
< 1:20:00 hm
I will achieve these goals by listening to Coach G and old-fashioned hard work, but I also know I need to do the following:
- Abs every day (e.g. planks). Hard abs 2-3 x per week (e.g. 15 min. ab circuit).
- Maintenance strength training 2-3 x per week (e.g. squats, lunges, calf raises, clams, etc.)
- Early treatment of minor injuries as needed (i.e. ART, pt, massage, etc.) No more of this ignoring and accepting pain stuff.
- Stretch daily. Stretching isn't for everyone, but it helps me and I always feel better when I do it daily.
- Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate. Running around taking care of kids all day leaves me thirsty far too often.
- Run easy days at an easy pace.
- Iron supplements. I need to switch to an iron-free prenatal vitamin and get a good food-based iron supplement.
- Relaxation. I must spend time at the end of the day doing a formal relaxation exercise.
- Visualization. I can spend time visualizing myself achieving my goals after my relaxation exercises. Convenient!
- Affirmations. Remind myself that I am capable of meeting these goals.