Monday, February 06, 2012

Have a Refreshment

Monday morning. The sun was brilliant. The sky was as blue as my new running shoes. I walked out into the crisp morning and began to trot. It felt good! My psoas was definitely sore. But that's new. It wasn't typically sore before unless I was doing ab exercises or coughing. This is good. This is the first time I've run since my psoas has been unknotted in over a year so the soreness is an indication it's working! The butt muscles feel worlds better. Still something going on in there, but much less pinchy and tight. I also noticed my right foot did not hit my left calf as it often used to on easy runs. This is big time progress. I have a lot of work to do and I can't say I am 100% confident I am out of the woods, but I do have a good feeling that this is the start of my return. I will continue to build up my mileage, do my pt exercises religiously, have the psoas and ancillary muscles treated weekly and be patient. If I can have a quick comeback, this is certainly the recipe for it. On to tomorrow and another run!

No comments: